Riding to Fight Cardiovascular Disease

Thanks to everyone who supported my efforts to raise money for the American Heart Assocation. I had a great time raising money and then riding in my 4th RAGBRAI. the money we raised will be put to good use by a great organization.

Thank You!
-Craig

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Friends and Family,

For the fourth year in a row, I will be participating in the Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI), which is billed as the longest, largest, and oldest touring bicycle ride in the world. The event kicks-off on Sunday, July 19th and ends 7-days and 442 miles later on Saturday, July 25th. You can learn more about the ride at www.ragbrai.com.

I started riding in RAGBRAI in 2006 to motivate me to keep in shape and specifically to improve my heart health. I have a family history of heart disease on both my father’s and mother’s sides, and I have seen, first-hand, the effects that this disease has on the quality of life of those who suffer from it. After being diagnosed with high cholesterol, I was determined not to suffer the same fate, and along with medication and changes to my diet, I began an exercise regime that includes RAGBRAI.

While I began my participation in RAGBRAI for my own health, I also saw it as an opportunity to help others. That is why, this year, I am writing to you to help me in conjunction with the Five9 Foundation to raise money in support of the American Heart Association (www.americanheart.org). I have set a goal of raising $2,500 to benefit the AHA in its mission of “building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.” I would be grateful for any amount that you would like to donate to this great organization.

Please use this link: http://www.active.com/donate/five9ragbrai/crozelle to make donations online.

Thank you, in advance, for your support of a great cause!

-Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment